Sunday, June 5, 2011

How'd it get to this?

Ah, so here I am! The world of blogging.

I've been thinking for days now, how my life got to this.  How I got to where I am, because it's definitely NOT what I envisioned my life would be when asked "What do I want to be when I grow up?" Well, now I'm grown up (well, basically grown up anyway!) I'm happy with the life I've started, and even though it's not always what I thought I wanted; I know now it is what I want!

Going through school, I had many ideas what I wanted to do; from primary school teaching, to child care and professional musician and various other things. 
Now, to reality, I've finished school, I'm in my final semester at uni studying marketing!  Yes, very different from teaching and musician! But, I love it!!!!  I'm not entirely sure how I got into the marketing, but, it seems to have all worked out well so far.

It's worked out well from the beginning, I got accepted into the uni I wanted most.  I applied to 5 just to be safe, but really only wanted the one.  Over the course so far, I've written some fantastic reports and had many ideas that industry professional lecturers have loved and all this from the person who's been told "You don't have a creative bone in your body"...well, apparently somewhere I do! It just occassionally goes on an extended holiday!

The next step is to finish this final semester and graduate and then enter the "real world"...fulltime employment!!! I'm sure that's when the excitement will start!!  Such an exciting yet daunting prospect!

This uni/making life decisions process hasn't always been easy. I've had a few setbacks and hurdles along the way. But who doesn't?!?!  Seriously, life is like a hurdles race sometimes!! But, it's been my journey. I've learnt alot, both in the marketing world, a few personal lessons, but also learnt alot about myself.  I imagine that will continue over the years and I just hope that life just keeps 'working out' the way it should!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great first post. You write so well.
    It's really nice to learn a little bit about you. My favourite line - "seriously, life is like a hurdles race sometimes". Loved it.

    ReplyDelete