Thursday, June 9, 2011

Totally excited; pumped; shocked and many other things!

I didn't quite have plans to blog again this soon...but, it's been a fantastic day and I have super good news!

With my final semester at uni; which starts July 4th, I also have the opportunity for some work experience to complement my study.  I had been for a few interviews the past couple of weeks but to no avail.  Today however, I went for an interview this morning and...

They said yes right away!  The lady who interviewed me (who was lovely) didn't even need time to think it over and reflect on the interview; she asked if I wanted the opportunity and when I told her I'd love the chance to gain experience with them; she said right away then, she'd love to have me on board. 

The woman who would be supervising me is a friend of mine from uni too.  She graduated earlier than I did and she's been in the job since January and now she's my supervisor and said she'll teach me as much as she can and give me a wide variety of experience and have a few laughs along the way!

I'm super excited, however, at the same time, it's slightly daunting.  I can't wait to get on the job and learn as much as I can, while having some fun with a great bunch of people.  I'll be there 2 days a week (Monday and tuesday) and start the week of June 27th!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous news xxx I'm really happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the verdict is in...day 1 is over!!

    It was fantastic!! I got into it right away; as soon as I got there it was like coat off, hand shakes (over 30 of them!) and then right into a monday morning staff meeting/briefing. I learned alot too and was introduced to quite a few different aspects of the organisation and the processes already!

    All the people are amazingly nice too. All really welcoming and ready and willing to explain what they're doing so I learn...even if it means it takes them longer!!

    All in all; really interesting day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...you're all lovely! Thank you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete