Thursday, July 14, 2011

Totally excited; pumped; shocked and many other things...Part 2!

Hello to all my lovely readers!!

After many DM's on twitter and emails requesting a follow-up post on my work placement; I've decided to make it a 3 part series! The original which I posted back in june after the interview; a follow-up post tonight (after 3 weeks in the work placement) and the final part will be once I've finished the internship in a few months.

Well, so far it's going really, really well.  I'm getting into the routine of the company and am finding my way around quite well.  Haven't quite got everyone's name remembered yet though...lol.

The office is quite nicely orgainsed too. I have a desk right near the window so that's nice! I get the sun and warmth...and the view of the city! It's in a rather cute part of the city too! The streets around us have a whole heap of terraced houses and looks rather like something you'd see in parts of England! I love it!! I walk through this lovely park each morning (Hyde Park for anyone who knows the area) and sometimes am lucky enough to head back to sit in the park in the sun for lunch...perfect way to spend lunch if you ask me!!

They're having me do a whole variety of different tasks; from the semi-mundane filing of examples of creative material, to the much more exciting (and thought requiring) preparing of briefs to send over to the customer service team.  There was a couple of days I had a whole list of campaigns to create overviews for which were being sent over to the customer service people who were basically reading my work and expecting to understand the different campaigns the company was running!!

There's been a couple of times I've wondered what I was doing and doubted my abilities (but, of course, that's normal and expected in the beginning), but I soon focused and reminded myself I do know the theory behind what was happening and all I had to do was apply that theory I know so well to the real-life situation I was in.  The situation I was in may have been very new to me...but the theory wasn't!!

I've had a few compliments over the past 3 weeks too.  I like compliments (ok, that's probably a stupid statement...I'm sure everyone likes receiving compliments!!).  A few people have commented on how well I write and that I have alot of potential and I'll go far with my career among other things so that's been really nice! Except, if the compliments keep coming, I may get a rather large ego LOL!

Anyhow...that's the news so far.  All rather exciting. 
Thanks for reading...it means the world!! xx

3 comments:

  1. well done Natalie!! I'm not surprised you are loving this job and getting great feedback from the people there. They knew what they were doing when they snapped you up and clearly you have a bright future ahead of you in marketing. I'm so pleased they are using your talents and I bet the customer service team really appreciate those briefs. It's all about team work right, you do your job well and it helps them to do a good job too, the whole company does well and you all prosper and grow. Hurrah! I'm absolutely delighted for you - clever girl and thanks for sharing. it's so nice to hear your enthusiasm and passion for this new opportunity in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read that it is going so well. Such a positive experience for you. Don't doubt yourself, they wouldn't have offered you a placement if they didn't think you have potential. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the lovely comments. xx

    Lorraine...You're not suprised it's going so well? Well, that makes 1 of us! I was suprised at the time and am still slightly suprised now!!

    Annie...Thank you! Self doubt doesn't last long. It's getting smaller and smaller so that's a positive, I'm beginning to trust myself more everyday.

    ReplyDelete